Welcome to my world!

I have been told by people that I should start a blog about my new life, and when I say people I mean mostly my family. I thought this might be a good way to express whats going on in my life, and so I dont just have the baby and the dogs to talk to all day and seem like a crazy person... but my husband might beg to differ!

Sunday, June 26, 2011

The country can smell sometimes!

So I was at home with my baby all day today minding my own business when a rank smell comes into the open windows. I know it can smell like manure out here (because we are sounded by cows), but this was different, it was like the smell of a dead carcass coming in from all nooks and crannys. So naturally I thought my dog had killed or found a dead cat/ roadkill and put it in my yard.  I jump to this conclusion because one of my first lessons out here was dogs LOVE dead things. Anyway I go outside and search like a mad women trying to find the source of the smell. As I was cursing my dog the whole time it took a few minutes for me to realize that the smell was coming from the garage.  now here come a back story....
I live in my in-laws old house which still contains some of there belongings. And no one told me that my husbands dad had a freezer full of meat that he wanted back( the freezer, not the meat). So i was right in that it was a dead animal thawing out in 94 degree weather :( lets just say mama isnt happy.
Does anyone know how to get this smell out of my house? I burned all my candles in the house but it didnt help much, any advise would be helpful!
Also in my frustration I ran a mile in this heat and it was horrible note to self dont run unless its under 85 and humidity less than 60.

No comments:

Post a Comment