Welcome to my world!

I have been told by people that I should start a blog about my new life, and when I say people I mean mostly my family. I thought this might be a good way to express whats going on in my life, and so I dont just have the baby and the dogs to talk to all day and seem like a crazy person... but my husband might beg to differ!

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Diets are for the gullible

I have gained about 20 pounds after my son and am now determined to lose it! For those of you who dont know I am studying nutrition at Kansas State University and have decided to but my money where my mouth is. Healthy eating and an active lifestyle will be how i am going to get the body/ energy/ mind set that I want to achieve. I know that many people out there are like me and want to shed the weight but dont know how, but that is where I can come in! I am going to post my activity as well as a health tip every week (might be more than that) and hopefully get other people motivated to do the same!

Tip one: Diets DONT WORK get that into your head. You didnt gain weight in a week so you wont lose it in a week. You need to have a life style change. If you want to lose weight and keep it off ,eat right and live an active life. It wont only make you look better but feel better. You can ward off all types of diseases and illnesses and have a better quality of life. Diets can lead you feeling irritable, and tired, and you have a higher chance of getting sick. So here is to more vegetables and fewer cookies!

Wish me Luck post a comment of encouragement or if you have any questions on nutrition dont be afraid to ask!!!

1 comment:

  1. Shelly! I am glad you started a blog...i love finding people i know! I am excited to see your tips. I always need motivation and encouragement to keep healthy : )

    ReplyDelete